WHAT ARE YOU GIVING THIS CHRISTMAS?
RSS

Recent Posts

WHAT ARE YOU GIVING THIS CHRISTMAS?
RESPECT
KIOSKS AND LONELY PEOPLE
ARE INDEPENDENT BOOKSTORES DYING?
A NEW BABY ARRIVES!

Categories

READING
powered by

My Blog

WHAT ARE YOU GIVING THIS CHRISTMAS?

December 20, 2018

WHAT ARE YOU GIVING THIS CHRISTMAS?
By
Linda M. Penn

Are you giving your kids new tablets, computers, or phones? Lucky them! Well…maybe, maybe not.

Questions:

Is the device something the child needs or something wanted because it is the latest version?

Will the device enable the child to have access to accurate research for school projects?

Will the device be a means to communicate with you in case of an emergency or maybe a friendly hello call to Grandma or Grandpa?

Will the device be used to talk by text with friends or use on social outlets? Will the comments be positive or a form of bullying?

I will stop the list of questions – I am sure you get the point. Will the device be used positively or negatively?

I recently read an article about the number of kids who turn to their devices as their preferred social outlet versus actual person-to-person contact. The article also gave statistics about rising rates of depression in youth. I am not trying to make the argument that technology is the underlying reason for youth depression, but it probably shows it is time to seriously consider the value of more personal contact and less screen time.

Let’s all question ourselves: When was the last time we used the phone to actually make a real phone call to Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, or a friend instead of an impersonal comment on a social outlet?

Come on, let’s all give a special present this Christmas! OURSELVES – in the form of real conversation with family and friends!

COPYRIGHT 2018 LINDA M. PENN ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
www.

8 Comments to WHAT ARE YOU GIVING THIS CHRISTMAS?:

Comments RSS
Jason Bravo on Friday, February 01, 2019 6:29 AM
I am glad to read about ay baba g here.
Reply to comment

Sara Jhon on Wednesday, February 27, 2019 8:17 AM
I really like your thoughts and emotions. You describe very nicely in your post. I would like to share with my friends.
Reply to comment

Lisa Swift on Wednesday, February 27, 2019 8:21 AM
Absolutely Loved this post. This is probably the best. This is the comprehensive. Thanks for the posting.
Reply to comment

Alina Jones on Wednesday, February 27, 2019 8:24 AM
I appreciate that you took a simple, how to article by explaining the process step by step and how to build momentum. <
Reply to comment

buy epdm rubber roofing materials on Friday, March 01, 2019 8:10 AM
Its another wonderful post with amazing content actually content is like backbone for a website. I am very happy with your post making style thanks..
Reply to comment

Smith on Saturday, March 02, 2019 1:09 AM
This is a really good post and thanks for sharing it with us. You always post such interesting and useful things and I hope to see more such posts from you.
Reply to comment

Jone on Monday, March 04, 2019 1:21 AM
What a great style is presenting this post and what a great stuff you have shared in this post. The topic was really really good. The information which you have shared in this post is very useful.
Reply to comment

help with dissertation writing on Saturday, March 16, 2019 10:59 PM
What are you giving this christmas? Something wanted to find the essential research and school projects as well. The depression in youth and impersonal things for great preferred the thoughts.
Reply to comment