IMAGINATION
RSS

Recent Posts

KIOSKS AND LONELY PEOPLE
ARE INDEPENDENT BOOKSTORES DYING?
A NEW BABY ARRIVES!
MOVING ON1
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.

Categories

READING
powered by

My Blog

IMAGINATION

July 1, 2017

IMAGINATION – BUBBLES AND TENTS!
By
Linda M. Penn

Has your child ‘hit the wall’ this summer?  “Mommy, what can I do?”  “Daddy, I’m bored!”

How about some imagination activities?  Imagination opens doors for kids – new ways for them to see and think about things.   Our kiddos have an abundance of imagination just waiting to be opened.  How else do we get mature adults who come up with innovative ideas?

I searched “imagination in children” and found an interesting article titled “10 Easy Ways to Fire Your Child’s Imagination” by Jeremy Schlosberg. If you look up the article, it is well worth it.

Here are some ideas from the article and I added a couple of my own tried and tested suggestions:

1)    Tell stories – no video or book needed.
2)    Make art – draw, paint, etc.
3)    Use natural or generic materials – blocks, sand, etc.
4)    Let them create their own visions - don’t overload them with images from TV, movies, computers.
5)    Make puppets – old socks are perfect.
6)    Take a nature walk – grab that paper bag and go.
7)    Fold blank sheets of paper.
8)    Play with big boxes – is it a house, cave, spaceship?
9)    Blow bubbles.
10) Make tents in a large indoor space – quilts, blankets, sheets, etc.

HAVE A FUN SUMMER!  SHARE YOUR IMAGINATIVE IDEAS WITH US!

Come back at the beginning of August – Blog Title:

“FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL – SPARKING SUCCESS”

COPYRIGHT 2017 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED LINDA M. PENN

8 Comments to IMAGINATION:

Comments RSS
William on Monday, July 10, 2017 4:14 AM
Imagination is connected with our thinking. It same like we imagine the things and guess something happened for sure.This topic is most wide topic that we not explain in words.The urgent custom essay also share some explanations.
Reply to comment

rushessay essay on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:24 AM
When I was a kid, I also used to have a playful imagination. And as I grew up, I realized that some of that “imaginations” are unique and cute, but the others are so weird or disgusting. I like to watch cartoons, and I think that this hobby of mine has contributed a lot for me to have a wide imagination. I have a very colorful and lively childhood. I trained and enhanced those imaginations because I really believe that someday it will help me a lot. And I’m right, I’m now a visual artist.

ebuddynews on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 1:48 AM
One of the beautiful thoughts is coming from imagination. Through your post, I want to say imagination is a wonderful creativity and its necessary in kids. Keep sharing your ideas and views
Reply to comment

cheapwritingservice on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 6:24 AM
Thank you for sharing this publish. The content is honestly very helpful. This blog is always sharing useful facts. keep sharing greater facts and posts. I truly loved the way you wrote this post. It has some right facts that are written in an easy to recognize mann
Reply to comment

Ninja Essays on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 3:07 AM
You give the interesting information about the imagination and it is very important when you have nothing to do. This whole story depicts that you convey the reasonable information and I really like it. This article is according to my taste.
Reply to comment

johnsmith on Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:08 AM
I like this website. The blogs you share in this web is very well. I read different post and i am very glad to get a different knowledge from different post. Thanks for sharing this all. I surely visit this website again to get more interesting blogs. Keep sharing.
Reply to comment

Smith on Friday, April 20, 2018 2:13 AM
I am reading the whole content of in the blog is very informative for me. Some people visited to here in the blog review is very good. Thank you so much for sharing this informative discussion. Keep it up. check online
Reply to comment