August 1, 2016
COURAGE AND FEAR IN THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR
Linda M. Penn
Can you believe it? It is already here! Yes, the new school year is upon us! Are you AND your kids feeling anxious and somewhat fearful? Time to get that courage and confidence!
Provide your kiddos with courage and confidence to take away the anxiety and fear of a new school year.
1) Arm them with the appropriate tools – supplies, clothes, shoes.
2) Tour the school.
3) Meet teachers, principals, counselors, office staff.
4) If possible, purchase a T-shirt with the school logo.
5) Discuss morning, after-school, and nighttime expectations with them.
6) Begin the bedtime routine at least a week ahead of time.
7) Discuss lunchtime options – buy or bring? If bring, compromise on nutritional food choices.
8) Address any concern of your children in a POSITIVE manner.
9) Model a GOOD ATTITUDE. Show your excitement but calmness about the upcoming year.
10) Reinforce to them how proud you are of them.
11) PRAY WITH THEM, PRAY FOR THEIR TEACHERS, BUS DRIVERS, AND ALL SCHOOL STAFF AND THEN TRUST IN THE LORD.
Please see Bible verse Phillipians 4:6. “Don’t be anxious about anything, but in all your prayers, ask God for what you need, always with a thankful heart.”
Have an enjoyable school year!
See you back here the first week of September. Blog title: “CURIOSITY IN YOUR CHILDREN – DOES IT NEED CHANNELLING?
Copyright 2016 All Rights Reserved Linda M. Penn