TEACHER/PARENT RELAXING ACTIVITIES FOR SUMMER BREAK
Linda M. Penn
Congratulations! You have successfully made it through another school year!
Last summer and the year before, I concentrated in my Blogs on activities for kids. NOT THIS YEAR! IT’S ALL ABOUT YOU, TEACHERS AND PARENTS!
(If you are interested in summer activities for the kids, search my website for Blogs of June 1, 2015 “It’s Summer Finally,” July 1, 2015 “Freebies,” June 2, 2014 “Summer Activities – Reading and Writing,” and July 1, 2014 “The Value of Kids’ Magazines.)
Here is a list of activities with the adult in mind:
1) Get back in touch with your friends – coffee, brunch, lunch. IN PERSON, NOT TEXT!)
2) Summer Book Club with your friends.
3) Plant something new.
4) Try new recipes.
5) Watch for adult activities at the local library.
6) Visit independent bookstores in your area and take time to actually look for books for yourself.
7) Movies with friends.
8) Try a new hobby.
9) Volunteer at a senior center (nice change of pace from the youngsters)
10) Catch up on sleep.
11) Walking, admiring God’s world.
MOST OF ALL -
12) AVOID DEPRESSING TV. USE COMPUTER AND PHONE SPARINGLY.
For help with the kiddos, you might try offering to watch a neighbor or friend’s children so they will watch your kids in turn, beg your family for a little R & R, or call in a babysitter!
COME BACK THE FIRST WEEK OF JULY – BLOG TITLE: “HIDDEN TALENTS”
Copyright 2016 All Rights Reserved Linda M. Penn