BACK TO SCHOOL LISTS -
DON’T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THEM!
Linda M. Penn
July 28, 2015
I heard on the news that some school districts in my area were headed back to school this week. Wow! It’s 90 degrees outside and forecasted to be that way for the next several days. Makes me wonder if kids can really concentrate! Oh well, the weekend is coming, right?
If you are in a school district that hasn’t returned to classes yet, enjoy the free time you still have. I have some suggestions for you to be ready for getting back in the groove. You also might want to go back to the Blog, “I Can’t Do One More Thing!,” dated August 31, 2014 for suggestions.
1) Stick to the teacher’s supply list. Everything looks so cutesy, fresh, and appealing when you shop for those crayons, paper, etc. Stick to the list and avoid buying things you think you might need. You can always come back later in the year to restock.
2) Have a home supply list. These are things to help the kiddos to do their homework.
3) Clothes list. After you clean out the kids’ closets, what do they really need? Kids love new outfits for the first couple days of school. After that, back to normal! Avoid the temptation to buy things in a larger size to save for later in the school year. The kids might not grow as much as you anticipate and remember, there is Christmas coming up in a few months and after Christmas sales when more clothes can be bought. Aren’t grandparents wonderful! They love buying clothes for the kids at Christmas! (Well, some toys, too, right?)
You don’t need to take these lists to the stores with you, but they are still appropriate:
1) Morning and evening routine lists, including times of the day: (great time to teach reading a clock to the little ones!)
2) List of school lunch ideas. What will the kiddos actually eat?
Have a great beginning of the school year! Stay focused on the positive, even though you and the kids might be sleep-deprived and anxious. SMILE!!!! THE WEEKEND IS COMING!!!!
COME BACK FIRST OF SEPTEMBER FOR: “VOLUNTEER REQUESTS - YES, NO, MAYBE”
Copyright 2015 Linda M. Penn All Rights Reserved